Monday, November 22, 2010

The Nicest Kids in Town

GUYS.

IN SUDBURY?

THE KIDS SAY 'DWAI'.

IT STANDS FOR 'DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT'.

It's just about the best thing I've ever heard.

Our 18 year old AD Alessandro, who is, of course, my favorite person ever, taught us all about 'dwai' and continues to teach us how to 'dwai'. Our cast has adopted it. Some of us are better at it than others.



Our cast is very cute. We've been hanging out. Yay for cast bonding. It is so weird here....we only know each other!


Day off day off day off, hooray I will waste the day but enjoy wasting it so much because I love watching stuff on my computer and really doing nothing. I'm probably far too lazy to be in theatre. But I know deep down that I love working very intensely; I just also really like to rest too! My incredibly overwhelming and extreme personality means I like things very much one way, or very much the other.



The work is great. We seem to be zipping along and the show has a very definite shape and lots of things are in place. However, there's lots of costumes and changing and opening doors and closing them and going into the audience and lights and music and stuff, so I'm sure things will change lots.


I have to change lots.....my characters are not distinct enough. I'm disappointed int he work that I've been doing. Some days are ok, but some of them are kind of blah. I know an unfortunate thing about me as an actor is that shit takes me a long time. I wish I got things quickly but I do have to struggle through. I build. I change. I wish I was someone who showed up on day one and was great, but it's not the way. I'm a struggler. I'm a lost boy. I'm a turtle.

I'm a Hufflepuff.

ALOHAMORA.

No comments:

Post a Comment