Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Curtains Up, Light the Lights.

Tech.

Long day.

12 hours.

But I can't complain because it was relatively smooth. And the crew works way harder and longer than I did anyway.

It's a pretty amazing team they have here. Not only is everyone talented, everyone is a DEAR.

Costumes and moving platforms and pyro and lights and sound and songs and quick changes. Some ridiculous quick changes! Wow. I hope I can do them.

It seems very unreal that a show is about to happen. It seems farther away then it has yet, even though it's inching closer and we open on Friday.

My nerves and insecurities are rampant but I have to remind myself that nobody wants to hear them. They type of attitude you have hinders your career as much as a lack of talent, and I know I can be insufferable with my anxiety. So I'm trying to keep it in check, or at least hidden, even though I am still worried about my work. My friend and mentor was telling me that I have to be more positive. He is a Secret believer and thinks that I'm attracting my bad luck by being pessimistic. Trying to believe, trying to believe.

Because really I'm only negative about myself. I'm in a great production with an amazing group of people. Every day I get paid to play, and I never thought that would be possible. After so many people telling me it could never happen, I am working, and that's the goal in theatre, to just book work. I just want to be as good as everything around me.

And I will be!

And I'm on a website!

No comments:

Post a Comment