Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Only Just Out of Reach, Down a Block, On a Beach, Under a Tree....

I"m getting excited!

I'm getting nervous too, but also really excited.

I love this story so much, so its really amazing that I get to see it brought to life and be IN IT.


There's a lot to worry about. I worry about my lines, that I won't be as prepared as I should be, because I don't know how prepared I should be. I don't know if I have to be off book COLD...that's probably not possible for me, given the way I learn. I can be in pretty good shape, and I think I will be very comfortable with the script, and off book for several scenes. But I don't know if that's enough.

I dont' know if I'M enough....with only one audition, I worry that I'm not going to be what they want. I worry that I'm not a good actor anyway, so I won't be able to deliver. It's hard to know. You are what you are and sometimes that's right and sometimes it's all wrong.

I worry that the costumes won't fit, and I don't know how to juggle or play an instrument or sing well enough. I worry that I will have a terrifying living situation. I worry that I'll be late. I worry

BUT MOSTLY EXCITED! Doing research has made me excited....going through my script, and making notes, watching Alice in Wonderland scenes and movies and looking at pictures (this is tricky....some of the images I have are burned in and it's difficult to think of how to do my own interpretation....the caterpillar is the hardest. I don't even like how he's done in the Disney movie, but I can't seem to get his intonations out of my head.


But this might be my favorite interpretation. Watching it again today reminded me of how many atrocious parts of it there are. But it was a huge part of my childhood, and it's not CGI, which I love. I still have to watch the most recent version...I figure I should at least see that, despite my disdain for computer animation instead of more inventive means. But this! It's a 1985 movie with a million great people in it. And although so much is changed from the book, for some reason it's still very likeable, and it has a Wonderland tone which is so not what Carroll wrote, but which still works.



There is also a most amazing performance of 'Jam Tomorrow, Jam Yesterday' by Carol Channing as the White Queen, from the 'Looking Glass' part, BUT I WILL SAVE THAT AND POST IT SOOOOOON! Honestly, I'm going to post so many Alice clips.

So much wonderful Alice!

No comments:

Post a Comment