Friday, March 26, 2010

Doesn't hurt the story...story's pretty strong.....

On Wednesday, a play I wrote was read out loud.

Or, as we say in the theatrical world, 'performed'.

It was performed at Hogwarts.




Actually, the Arts and Letters Club of Toronto. But it does really look like Hogwarts. It is quite impressive.



Avada Kedavra!

Just kidding. I, of course, am a good wizard, most likely of the house of Hufflepuff, where they put the fat, asthmatic kids with nut allergies. There's a lot of acne medicine in Hufflepuff. As much as I wish I was a Ravenclaw or a Gryffindor. Or maybe just the hat that says, 'GRRRRYYYYFINDOR!' as that is most certainly my favorite part of the movie franchise.

Anyway, actors performed my play.



It is a really terrifying thing to watch people deal with the crap you have created. I am a very nervous actor: I am an even more nervous playwright. Wow. I sat with my heart in my mouth and my stomach in my throat and nothing was where it should be. So scary!

I really want to write more, and this course forced me to commit to an idea and live with it and make it better, and see it through. So that was incredibly valuable. And I got to meet some super fun people. I'm so glad that I did it. But wow, the anxiety during the show is U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E.

I don't know what to do next, writing-wise. I can never get chosen for Fringe for some reason, and I don't have enough experience to do something cool like SummerWorks, and I don't have enough discipline to do much of anything, which is probably the first problem. I have ideas, but I start to hate them almost immediately, and really, I just write Diablo Cody-esque hyper-hypenated pseudo-intellectual dialogue full of pop culture references, and can't actually tell a story to save my life. So that's probably something to work on. Yes. Definitely.



And look, my blog has pictures now! I'm going to get better at a) taking more pictures, b) taking better pictures, and c) making sure said pictures go to my blog. And then someone might read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment