Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another day, another destiny

What did you do yesterday?

Sounds good.

Me?

Oh, nothing much, person who doesn't exist. I just went to Whitby in a stranger's car to perform in a castle in a 24 hour play-event for no money.

Yes, I am my own agent, why do you ask?

I went and did Trafalgar 24 with Driftwood Theatre yesterday. It's a fundraiser for their season, and brings out a ton of people to the fanciest school I have ever seen that did not appear in 'Cruel Intentions'. Actors and directors show up at 9 am and rehearse plays that were written overnight, and then we perform at 7:30. I've done events like this before but never this one, so it was a lot of new people. I had a pretty good time. That stuff can be overwhelming for me, as not knowing people makes me nervous, and I feel distinctly 'un-actorly' whenever I'm in a room with lots of actors. I'm so bad at the things actors have to do all the time, like speaking to humans and smiling and not eating two pieces of cheesecake in one sitting.

But it was fun....it's amazing to remember that even in the most ridiculous circumstances, the show will go on, and does go on, somehow.

I did get sad halfway through though, as I didn't get a part in Driftwood's season, and the one in Barrie that I really had my heart set on has not contacted me (even after I wrote to them to ask if they had made decisions, HA! Clearly they are not so into the me), and I really really want to do Shakespeare this summer (or NOW. and Forever. But mostly this summer), and it's not going to happen. So I'll be back auditioning for Fringe and not auditioning for SummerWorks and that all kind of seems like the same thing I've done before and I dont know if I really want to do it right now.

Blargh.

I don't know.

Hopefully something good will materialize now, as I really need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment