Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How he could dip and glide and skip and slide. In his very soft shoes.

Here is what 50 pairs of women's shoes look like:


And here are mine:


They are the color of a cherub angel blushing, because I have the delicate flesh of a wee Irish lass, and my skin is the shade of a malnourished pig. But my shoes are cute. I fell over in them today. Also cute.

Today was hard, I had 11 hours of straight rehearsal, and it was a hot, tired day.

I am so so so grateful to have been so theatrically busy lately, and I hope it never ends (it will, soon), but it's also a bit overwhelming. It is GLORIOUS having acting be the day job though. Man. Can this just happen all the time? But it's fatiguing.

I'm learning so much in the rehearsal room, soaking up energy and ideas and the different ways that all of these successful actresses work. It's a crash course. There's a lot of different styles of approaching the work, and sometimes it feels totally overwhelming, but there's a real beauty to so many different people all finding a way to do something together. The ache of doing it is is paid back when, after struggling, we get it right and it feels like flying.

The thing I really have to learn not to shit where I eat. It's hard to keep the personal stuff away. We are who we are and that effects the way that we work. Hard not to let all these feelings about whether people like me and the games that I am embarrassed to admit that I play, but I do, and to keep those out of the room and not in the work. Hard to be friends with people and work together, and I don't know how to do it. I don't know how to conduct business in a way that mixes so seamlessly with my personal life. Ugh, this is not making a lot of sense, I am tired. I guess it's just hard to keep doing the work, because it is much easier to be distracted by all the stuff that isn't the work.

Oh well. Another challenge.....

Here's a promo video of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment