Sunday, February 6, 2011

To Pay the Bills I Have to Pay

On my constantly rotating series of weird joe jobs is now 'prompter'. I help an actor learn his lines for a one man show. Today I provided this service en route to a wake in Oshawa. Round trip.

Yup, this is the life.

As bleak as my money-earning situation is, it is very amusing. Sometimes. Sometimes I just wish I had a small, steady trickle of quarters that were deposited by my bed. It's frustrating to me that I'll always be dependent on these silly, low paying things. I know I don't want to do anything else, but the joe job game gets me down.

Anyway....in real job news (or the job that I aspire towards news...acting really isn't my real job. It's my pretend job), I started rehearsals for Twelfth Night tonight. Same old table read game. It's a different take on it, a small cast meant to tour into schools. The educational program, the things we want the kids to think about, etc., is built into the production. Never worked this way, so we'll see how it goes. It's kind of a workshop, prototype presentation. Hopefully we'll get to perform, but you never know. Sigh.

Here's what I looked like the first time I did Twelfth Night:


I hope I look better in this one, although my propensity towards ugly hat and unflattering facial expressions bodes ill for that.

I still have writing deadlines. Still ignoring those.

I have blogged three days in a row and feel that deserves mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment