Monday, October 17, 2011

In the Rain, the Pavement Shines Like Silver



Late night shoot!

Actually, not late night at all. Oy, it is getting dark early. I started dreading winter in June, and its coming. I love fall so so much and I am totally into the crisp weather we're having, with the trees all beautiful and the days either being gray and making me feel like being cozy in bed, or bright and blue and lovely. But winter, but winter, no!!!!

Anyway.

Adventures in downtown Toronto with Kyle the Wonderboy Genius Purcell and his Amazing Apparatus of Whizbang Wizardry. This kid is ridiculous. In the best way.


And with the kindest of all human beans, Eric Double. Also the best kind of ridiculous.


I'm pretty terrible at having my picture taken (evidence: this entire blog), and for some reason I have been doing photo shoots, for various promotional reasons, and I am not very good at 'taking direction', or 'emoting with my face', or 'standing in the same position', or 'looking like a human'. I'm sure all this bodes very well for my acting 'career'. But having my picture taken is very different than being on a stage and it scares me. What if the camera takes my soul?!?

Or worse, what if I have red eye?

Photo credit: Eric Double (Your pleasure, Double your fun)

But, Kyle has come up with a very very cool concept and so we took the first steps to making it happen. These steps had to happen downtown on a Sunday evening, and they had to impede the steps of others, as I had to stand in traffic a lot. And try not to ruin the pictures with my face.


And it only rained a tiny bit.

Hopefully it will turn into a promo video and that will turn into a viral hit and that will turn into bums in seats and that will turn into profit. That's my business model, and I'm sticking to it.

Because the show is about the Intrawebs, we're trying to use them to help us advertise. This is old hat: now, almost every independent show has a trailer to promote it. But it's valuable. And fun! We're trying to come up with some other cool, new stuff. So that people will see the show. Gahhhhh. What's the word for when you are equal parts nervous and excited? Nervcited? Exervous? Cristunity?


No comments:

Post a Comment