Monday, March 14, 2011

While We're Devoting Full Time to Floating

In my continuing series of ridiculous jobs to make money (as opposed to jobs to make art), sometimes I'm really lucky. I'm still ridiculous, but sometimes lucky. If there's a way to make money that doesn't involve silly voices and hats, I haven't heard of it.

One of these jobs is getting to work on occasion with The Extant Jesters, and do improvised birthday parties with them. It's always really fun: the kids shout out suggestions and we make up the story based on what they say.

They were asked by the ROM to do a show for March Break, that ties into the ROM's new Water Exhibition, and I get to be one of the rotating cast members. So this week's little job has been doing that show in the lobby.


These pictures were all taken by Thomas Gallezot. This is Lauren Spring, Kimberly Persona, and me. I'm playing a farmer.

Like I said, sometimes I'm lucky.


(Now I'm the fish. The ugliest fish in the world. Swimming in the sea.)


(And now a snake with a lisp.)


It's really fun. It's amazing how, in situations like that, people will just flock to you. Put a little stage up and a carpet in front of you, and people will just come over and expect something to happen. No fighting for audience here. It just comes. And sometimes it's pretty big.


The kids seem really into it. It's an educational show with a moral in there too, but it's still pretty irreverent and silly and very high energy. The kids are so cute....I love performing for children. It's just the best, really.

Yay, joe joe that is acting job too!

No comments:

Post a Comment