Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How Lovely to Wear Mascara and Smile a Woman's Smile

I've had quite a week.

A play I was involved in was cancelled. Well. Not really. We were doing a workshop with the idle thought of doing a small tour at the end of the month. We are not going to tour, and we have reduced our rehearsal time, but we're going to continue to meet once a week to work on some specific things we wanted to try in this show. And the plan is for the show to go up later, having benefitted from this workshop.

It's disappointing, in a way. I was so close to being off book! Lots of time went into it, and it's not a waste because the project will happen and needed more time, but it's still a bit blurgh for me. Feels weird.

AND THEN I QUIT MY JOB.

hahahahaha!

I did two days at a joe job and it made me ill so I quit. I've never done anything like that before, but I've also not really experienced that kind of misery so immediately. While I am worried and feel a bit like a failure (because I have no skills. Seriously. Good at nothing!), I am mostly so relieved to not have to do it.

But luckily I weirdly ended up having quite a lot to do theatrically!

Yesterday I did a photo shoot!


In the East end. Man, the East end might as well be Ottawa. It is so foreign to me. i really should go on an east end adventure soon, and go and find some fun places out there. And smell the beach-y air. Which I always find so disorienting. 'Beach? In Toronto? Where the hell am I?'

But what does a photo shoot mean?


Makeover makeover makeover makeover makeover makeover MAKEOVER! (a la Clone High)

Yes, from the depths of my troll lair I can transform into that big-eyed thing. Ugh. Not really an improvement.

So not a model. So terrible. But so much fun!!!!! It's for a really exciting project that I really hope I get to talk about sooooon because I am tired of holding it in. So weird. But good!

And I'm doing a bit of prep this week to perform some March break shows with these great guys. Which is so lovely! Man, it's so great when my 'joe job' is acting. Although I need another joe job. I wish performing shows for little kids could just be my day job!

It's so weird to be doing quite a bit of stuff, and have some things that are SO exciting on the horizon (toutcommeelletoutcommeelletoutcommeelle), and to have to write quite a bit for the various writing things I'm doing and to have to focus on that, and have the kids shows next week, and to still be doing rehearsals for 12th Night even though not as many....this week I had a theatrical thing almost every day, and it still feels like not enough. I still feel like I'm doing nothing and everyone is ahead of me.

Is that feeling going anywhere anytime soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment