Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm Not a Rabbit, I Need Some Rest

Oh so many things to do.
Oh so many things to say.

And actually not really at all.

I am in another show, which is madness, really. Ridiculous that I should close one show on Monday and open another on Thursday. RIDDIKULUS! That is a Harry Potter joke. Oh so many things to do.

WITCH is going very well. We had a huge opening house, positive review, and except for a very difficult Sunday night show where the weather kept threatening rain and then it just got humid, we've been very fortunate. It is coming together in the run. I'm having fun but I am tired.

We change and get ready in the parking lot. Later in the show, I change costumes in a children's playground. I wear an entire outfit underneath, as I both hate and fear my body. I also hate and fear that feeling that someone is watching me change in a children's playground.

This is such a big show. There is a two hour call before we start, and its full of walking back and forth across the park, dropping off props, checking props, putting on a ton of makeup, changing, walking back and forth across the park. Then we do it all in reverse at the end. The shows this summer have been very labour intensive. No just showing-up-and-acting for me. I dig it, but I am also getting hungry for a theatre. I think I've forgotten what they feel like on the inside.

I'm having to push to keep going. I like it, but it's work right now.

Right now I am doing laundry, eating a popsicle, writing this blog, and writing a proposal for a project that I will likely not finish in time and would be rejected for if I applied anyway. I should be taking a shower and cleaning my room but they seem unlikely at this hour. I feel that I'm not doing things I should be doing, that I'm working so hard on projects that are wrapping up and that means I'm sacrificing what would be coming up, which I need to focus on because I have noooooothing going on soon.

Oh, I wanted to put on pictures but who has the energy??

No comments:

Post a Comment