Monday, May 31, 2010

Well, it's been a long, been a long, been a long, been a long day...



On Friday I had the chance to be a part of Humber River Shakespeare's Sonnet Show.

It's a fundraiser they do for their summer season, which I'm looking to be a part of this year. Much like Trafalgar 24, which I did for Driftwood Theatre back in March, this is a 24-play event, but in this one, the writers have two weeks to work on their shows.



We were at Montgomery's Inn, where I'll be spending a lot of time this summer. Luckily, it is pretty.


I was in a fight show, but the fights were pre-cast and pre-choreographed, so I had quite an easy day. I've done four 24 hour events now, and I've never had to deal with performance jitters, because I've never had that much in any of them to worry about. Although for school 24 hour musicals, I had to do props and sets, and that is wayyy more stress for me than acting. But I was not that busy.

Which gave me lots of time to pretend I was a cast member on Road to Avonlea.


This is where I would turn Felix Prince into Felix King. That joke is not funny, but sums up my feelings for Avonlea's favorite son. Dear God.



We did a short amount of outside rehearsing.














I have lots of that to look forward to this summer, between Humber River, and the Summerworks show that I am crossing my fingers so hard they meld into one giant pointing device that I get to do it, because I really want to, but my schedule is difficult. They're both classical shows outside. I'm really excited for that! I'm not nature girl at all. I like being in darkened, enclosed theatres, communing with vermin and trolls. But for some reason, just tonight I was in my backyard at dusk, and I was really thrilled that I would be spending lots of time in the sun, and being outside for that beautiful time when day becomes night.

I will likely not feel this way when I die from malaria due to mosquito bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment