Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rejection

I don't know any ways of dealing with it that don't involve the consumption of an entire cheesecake. I've been terrible with rejection my whole life. I don't take risks because of failure. I don't reach out in case I fall. I am terrified of rejection.

So I'm in the worst possible career for someone who is so reluctant to be turned down. I have to get turned down a lot. And I do. Oh boy, do I. I am pretty amazing at not getting parts. It might be second only to my ability to eat an entire cheesecake.

I've only recently started getting to a point where I can look at it as their loss. There are parts that I know I could do, and I'm a pretty good addition to a show: I work really hard, and I've gone above and beyond in a lot of my former shows, getting costumes, making sets, rearranging life and work to rehearse. But most of the time, its not them, its me. Most of the time, I take it personally. Very personally.

I'm coming off the biggest rejection of my entire life. I'm trying to rebound from it, but its slow going. I haven't even heard from this company I'm waiting on (although I'm assuming its a no at this point???), and I'm already bummed out.

Ay yi yi.

No comments:

Post a Comment