Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lack of Auditions

I haven't gone on auditions in a long time. I don't have an agent, which is part of the problem. And I'm reluctant to try and get an agent, just because I don't think I can. I feel like I don't have a strong enough look, or a strong enough resume yet, to impress anyone. I've been rejected by most of the 'best' agencies in Toronto, so now I have to go to the ones that are smaller, newer, have fewer famous people in them. Which is fine, you never know who is going to work for you, and a smaller agency can be way better for people who are just starting out. But I feel I don't even have a chance with them!

It's also just slow in general...I don't see nearly as many postings for auditions as I used to. It's frustrating. I really want to audition right now, although I desperately need some new monologues anyway, especially contemporary ones. Ick. But there just doesn't seem to be enough out there.

Hopefully this is the impetus to start creating more of my own work. I have an idea for a one woman show that I'm actually quite keen on....I have to get cracking on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment