Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And Though Scary is Exciting, Nice is Different Than Good

OH GOOD MORE PICTURES OF ME!


YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY BECAUSE I FOUND MY CAMERA BATTERY CHARGER SO THERE WILL BE MORE GRATUITOUS AND UNFLATTERING PICTURES OF ME AT ALL TIMES!

Also, I survived my first day!


In this picture, am I listening to Destiny's Child's 'Survivor' on my headphones, as I go into this adventure? I most certainly am! Did it help me survive? It most certainly did!

I was so thrilled to a) have a working camera again, and b) be starting this, that I documented my walk to the theatre.




It probably didn't need to be documented. Although, hat store!!!

So scary but so exciting. Man, working is a lot better than sitting around feeling like a jerk.

I spent a lot of time before this started being scared, so I'm working on the excitement now. Also working on being 'good' rather than 'nice'. I hate nice! Good thing I am not nice!

I'm totally consumed with the worry that I'll never work again....it's very demoralizing. I feel that it is preventing me from thinking that I'm an actor. So stupid.... And there are extremely talented and experienced actors in the room, and they also talk about periods of 'not work' and feeling that they are off people's radars, and, man, that sucks. I honestly don't know if I have years and years of that in me. I love the work, but the 'not work' is just so incredibly awful.

Enough of that. I'm working for a brief period of time, let's just remember that in case I never do again.

There's a lot to learn in the room and I am overwhelmed by it. How these amazing actors (actually, people that I grew up wanting to BE, and now am in a show with) attack and question the script, are so open, are so brave. It's all stuff I know I want to do, it's just, for whatever reason, hard and scary to do it. I'm intimidated, but it's also really incredibly cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment