Friday, November 18, 2011

Little Town, It's a Quiet Village....




Enjoy the natural beauty of Sudbury.

AND THEN GO TO WACKY WINGS AND ENJOY THIS:


NATURAL BEAUTY OF SUDBURY.


We are rehearsing and we are rehearsing. We are already doing mostly runs, and things are happening very quickly. It's good. There's a lot of stuff that will change with our set (our pretty amazing looking set) and costumes and there's sword fights and music and stuff like that. So there's lots to do still, but it feels like the show has come together in the blink of an eye. It's wonderful and exhausting to work this way, to have three weeks dedicated to a show, instead of a few evenings a week for months. The ability to focus is such a privilege (this also happens when you get paid). It feels intense, like zero to 60, but we all know that I have a sick love of pressure anyway. I'm tired, but it's a good tired. And I still have lots left in the tank.

I have a very small and silly part, which means I am doing my regular thing of making faces and being loud. Which is mostly what I like to do. I've been doing so much ensemble work lately and that's such a good way to learn, and especially with Modern Love coming up, it's nice to have others around and be a part of a team rather than worrying about carrying the show (which I will start doing for Modern Love soon, natch). I'm worrying a lot that people don't like me and that I'm doing a bad job, which is pretty much par for the course with me, as we have discovered on this delightful journey of insecurity I call my blog, but I think I'm at the point where even if I feel that way, I can still keep pushing. I think I am at this point. I don't feel like it shuts me down. This would be pretty great, because I'll probably always feel bad about myself, but if I can always work, then I have ways to try and feel good about myself.

I miss being at home and having my people near me, and I miss being comfortable. I love the crew here so much but I still don't feel at home in Sudbury itself. I forget where the grocery store is, I don't know how to do things....that's tiring. It's a huge challenge in travelling to work, which I want to do so much more of, but definitely takes its toll. Sigh. I feel so grateful to be here but there is always an adjustment period.


The cold is coming and I want to hide.


Oh, should we watch more Disney Beauty and the Beast clips as I have been doing every night since I got here YES I THINK SO.


For who could ever learn to love.....a beast???


No comments:

Post a Comment