Friday, June 17, 2011

So Here's to the Girls on the Go - Everybody Tries


It's kind of amazing how exhausted I am from doing this show. I think back to last summer when I worked a job at the same time as touring Shrew, and I don't know how I did it. This show is more intense performance wise, sure, maybe more so than anything I've ever done. I don't know if I've ever been onstage for an entire show that was more than an hour. And it's a high intensity show, both physically and emotionally. The movement is not so hard as the sustained poses, the lengthy stretches where we all slowly do something. But I'm wiped by it. I don't know how I managed last year to tour something and work a day job and rehearse something else at the same time. I've been doing occasional rehearsals for Fringe, and really letting that slip, to be honest. But I've just been very tired.


Photo credits: Michael Cooper

The show has a momentum that picks me up even if I'm not ready for it. Today at the beginning I kept finding myself not in the right place, and that threw me off, but I ended up feeling like I had a really good show. It has a life force. Even if I don't feel like I have much of one.

I'm getting kind of sick, and I've been regularly getting sick every few months. This worries me. I never used to be sickly and I pride myself on my heartiness. But I'm not really feeling so great right now, fatigue is a part of it. It's disconcerting to me. I don't want to be constantly weakened by doing shows!

I'm going to miss it. I'm getting glum already, wah.

No comments:

Post a Comment