Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Last Thing They're After's a Litany of Woe

So I have been a dreadful blogger.

There are a few reasons for this.

1) My camera broke, and I think this blog is boring without pictures. My pictures are pretty terrible, but at least they are something, right? As much as I get so bored uploading pictures, I don't like my blog without pictures.

2) I am not doing anything that is related to acting right now, so I dont' think I have anything legitimately to say.

3) I don't FEEL like an actor right now, so all I want to do is whine.

Blah blah blah I go, all day long.

So I will buy a camera soon! And then take pictures!

I'm trying to make things happen, and little things are, I did another Sea Change for these awesome guys. I read this guy's play throat again. I love that play. It's lovely to read it. And I have things that I should be writing, although I don't have deadlines and I have the unfortunate habit of judging my writing before I finish it, which leads me to never complete any writing. This is a bad habit. I have so many writing bad habits! It is a wonder I'm even writing this!

And rehearsals will start soon, and I will find a project sooner rather than later, I know, I know, I know. I"m just terrible when I have nothing to love. I am like Elmyra in that way.



Well maybe Elmyra is worse when she has something to love. At least to the things she loves. Whatever, the analogy may not work, but I think we can all agree that Tiny Toons is amazing, even when reducing various cultures to mindless stereotypes and ripping off Walt Disney.

I've been seeing lots of theatre, which is good, I guess, but I am not seeing all of it and then I feel like, 'what am I seeing?' It's hard going to shows. It's such a nebulous tension with the community, knowing people and knowing they don't know me, seeing people who definitely know me and them not talking to me, it all feels very mindlessly political, like no one actually wants to be causing all this drama and we're all just here to see plays, but that things end up being political anyway. Accidental drama. I guess because we are all in the business of creating that, it is good that we are good at manufacturing it in our own lives. I have been accused of projecting things lately. I'm positive that I do, but it still isn't nice to be accused of anything.

J'ACCUSE!

Maybe there is no drama, maybe just no one cares about anyone, but that's sad in its own way, isn't it? That things just happen and there is no feeling behind anything.

Ok, so for next time, I am going to think of something really great to blog about in regards to my theatre 'career', and then I'll blog about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment