Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Our Next Jump is Parma...

Dear King:
I thought you would be a nice little stop. We had a nice little venue with a nice little willow tree behind it. A nice little audience showed up to watch our nice little play. There was even a nice little sunset behind us, which meant I did not do most of my scenes with my eyes either squinted or closed, so that I could not see anyone onstage and had to grope inappropriately to know where they are.


Boys took a nice little nap.


We took some nice little pictures.

It was a nice little night!

Until.....


WE GOT ATTACKED BY KILLER MOSQUITOES.

I thought Caledon, first night, was bad. While there were likely more mosquitoes there, these ones were wilier. These ones were not giving up without a fight. The bats that we saw flying around clearly do not do enough population control on the little bloodsuckers, as I, again, got eaten alive.

I really try to be a dedicated actor and scene partner. I have worked through very great internal pain, outside distractions, cell phones going off, sets falling down, forgotten cues, forgotten entire scenes, but, man, when a bug lands on my eye, I am not thinking about the fricking play. I am thinking about the bug in my eye. The last scene of the play, supposed to be a happy wedding/celebration scene, tempered with Kate's big long speech, has become something of a fish slapping dance, in which I try to, as discreetly as possible, kill insects. So much for Shakespeare.




Ah well. Until then, it was a good show! I think. I don't know anymore. Like, really, do I know the first thing about acting? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment