Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lotsa Laughs in Cremona....

Kleinberg... I'm going to run out of lyrics to 'We Open in Venice' before I run out of touring places. Hm. Good things my knowledge of musicals has yet to be exhausted by anything.

A really super fun show on Saturday night. Big house, responsive house, nice evening, one of those times where I remember how much fun this is. The whole acting she-bang, I mean. As opposed to most of the rest of the time where I think I should have pursued a career as human cannon-ball or alligator wrestler.

Sara and Hugh practice musical styles.

There were some of the cutest children I ever saw in my life in the audience, and, instead of screaming in horror whenever I appear onstage (as notably happened during my stellar run of The Big Bad Wolf), one of them would wave on me when I was in the middle of scenes! I would, of course, wave back, as this is my grade four Christmas concert and my mum is in the audience. I am nothing if not a consummate professional. And the kids seemed to like it. They were paying attention, they were sitting up, laughing...Yes, I liked Kleinberg a lot.



Sunday matinee in Kleinberg....RAIN OUT!

First, it was the World Cup final (once again, in the constant battle of arts vs. sports, sports has come out victorious. I guess what with our dislike of the outdoors and homosexual leanings, we arts-types don't stand much of a chance. Although if we ever settle things in a Neuroses or Trying to Psychologically Damage your Competition contest, arts will surely win), so our house was on the smallish side. It started out so so hot that I thought I would faint halfway through my scene in Act One. And then, out of nowhere, the sky just got darkity dark dark and I started hearing some pretty angry thunder. Then it just opened up and started raining. About three minutes to intermission, we called it. Goodbye. Oh well.

I actually loved that we got rained out. It was by far our smallest house, so it was the best one to lose, and it was so exciting! I'm only in theatre for the potential for disaster, and so the gods raining down upon you is something that thrills me. Too bad to lose a show, but so it goes. Outdoor touring. Woot.

Krump lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment