Monday, April 4, 2011

Down a Dark Slimy Path Where Lie Secrets that I Never Want to Know

Wouldn't you want to go to an audition here?


At 10 a.m. on a Sunday, no less?

Apparently I did.

Or really, I didn't, because this is the face I had on as I went to it.


My desperate need to push myself to audition for film won out. Ugh. Film. I don't care. I don't know why, but I don't. GIVE ME THE STAGE.

Sex clubs after Saturday night are not the best. I am also not the best at auditioning. So much vomit on the sidewalks my whole way there! Stupid scary staircase! But it was really all fine and fun. I would be shocked if I was put in a movie, but it was an improvised mockumentary type thing and I think I came up with some stuff that was like kind of ok. I really want to be in a mockumentary. Especially if it was directed by Christopher Guest.

I had a wonderful day yesterday that was quite long, but also fairly productive, and was largely about me going to people's houses, not bringing anything, and then consuming their food and drink products. What a charming house guest I am. Especially because when I start drinking I start telling everybody the truth.

One of those events was my continual work on the show that I'll be doing a workshop presentation of at Canadian Stage's Festival of Ideas and Creation. It is coming along. There is a lot of material, but I'm not sure any of it is actually anything. Maybe they are just random words stuck together. Purple monkey dishwasher. I alternatively love and hate what I've done, but I'll give you a hint about it AND I LOVE THIS HINT:



Ok, that's not such a great hint. But I called my show 'Modern Love' mostly because of this song. And my undying modern love for Mr. Bowie. No, it's going to be a factor! Dwai, dwai, dwai.

And then my next meeting was with a choir that I'm joining! Because I love to sing, especially in groups, especially in groups of awesome people, and this choir is luckily all of that. We have some very big and exciting plans. It's also nice to do things that are like theatre related (because I really would like to be better at singing and I think it could be valuable for my fledgling career HA HA HA WHAT CAREER???), but aren't entirely theatre. This is for fun. And profit. Profit comes later.

We ate delicious things, like Cookie Monster cupcakes and Ring Pops. And wine. Fuuuuuuck.


We look like this.

Wouldn't you like to have songs sung to you by these people?


And then on my homeless old man tour, I went to A THIRD friend's house and had MORE of other people's consumables!

I realize that this is both boring and not really related to my career except that it is kind of, because writing shows and singing songs for people are both things I want to do one day. For fun and profit. So I go to auditions, and meetings, and choir rehearsals. And wine just happens to be there too. My dear friend wine!

AND I'M IN A VIDEO.


Look, it's my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment